Mark W. Napier
Mark W. Napier
Mark Napier is a trial lawyer who represents persons seriously hurt or killed by others’ negligence. He is currently selected as an “Ohio Super Lawyer.” He is a former Board of Trustees member of the Ohio Association for Justice, a past President of the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, a member of the American Association for Justice a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and a Master of the Bench of the American Inns of Court. He has served as a lecturer to other attorneys on various continuing legal education topics, including personal injury. He is a graduate of Ohio Northern University School of Law where he served as an Associate Editor for the Law Review.
- – Auto, Truck, Pedestrian and Motorcycle Accidents
- – Nursing Home Negligence
- – Industrial/Workplace Accidents
- – Premises Liability
- – Defective Products and Machinery
- – Juris Doctorate, Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio; Associate Editor – Ohio Northern University Law Review
- – B.S., Business Administration, The Ohio State University
- – State of Ohio, 1978
- – Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1989
- – U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1985
- – U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1989
- – U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1991
- – U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1996
- – Partner, Freking Myers & Reul, LLC, Cincinnati, Ohio
- – Partner, Young, Reverman & Napier Co., L.P.A., Cincinnati, Ohio
- – Associate, Baran & Baran Co., L.P.A., Mansfield & Lima, Ohio
- – Assistant Prosecuting Attorney – Office of the Prosecuting Attorney, Franklin County, Ohio
Professional Associations and Memberships
- – Former Board Member – Ohio Association for Justice
- – President-Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
- – Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- – Ohio State Bar Association
- – Cincinnati Bar Association
- – Kentucky Justice Association
- – Kentucky Bar Association
- – American Association for Justice
- – “Eight Ways You Hurt Your Own Personal Injury Case,” Legal – Personal Injury Category, EzineArticles.com
- – “When to Hold ‘Em, When to Fold ‘Em – Trial vs. Settlement,” Legal – Personal Injury Category, EzineArticles.com
- – “State v. Bayless: Discretionary Defects May Still Remain in Ohio’s Death Penalty Statutes”, Ohio Northern University Law Review, Casenote, Vol. IV, No. 3.
- – “Truck Accident Litigation 101: Big Truck Crash Cases Are Different Than Car Crash Cases,” Hamilton County Law Library CLE, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “You and the Legal System: What You Should Know About Nursing Homes,” Hamilton County Law Library and the Cincinnati Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “Torts In the Nursing Home,” Cincinnati Bar Association Torts ‘R Us Seminar, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “Truck Accident Jury Instructions,” Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association Spring Seminar, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “How to Win Your Spoliation of Evidence Claim,” Ohio Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Seminar, Toledo, OH.
- – “All About Injuries”, guest attorney appearance, WXIX-TV Fox 19 “Moore Law”.
- – “What Every PI Lawyer Should Know About Commercial Vehicle EDRs,” Ohio Association for Justice, Trucking Litigation Seminar, Dayton, OH.
- – “Injury Claims Based on Faculty Cargo Loading and Securement,” Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention, Columbus, OH.
- – “The Americans with Disabilities Act and Tourette Syndrome”, TSA of Ohio, Annual Conference, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “Employment Law Basics”, Cincinnati Bar Association, Seminar Series, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: Is Your Organization Safe?”, Automatic Data Processing Inc. Seminar, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “Personal Injury Topic: Am. Sub. HB350: Tort Reform or Tort Deform?”, Cincinnati Bar Association Legal Potpourri, Seminar, Cincinnati, OH.
- – “Using NELA Net and the Internet in an Employment Law Practice”, Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, Seminar, Columbus, OH
Peer & Client Ratings
- – Ohio Super Lawyer – Peer Rating
- – Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent -Peer Rating
- – AVVO.com 10/10 Superb – Client Rating